To apply for The Norman E. Alexander Award for Excellence in Jewish Student Writing, high school students should write about the legacy and importance of a Jewish American woman (living or deceased) in any field such as law, medicine, sports, politics or entertainment.
Grand Prize: $500 and Inscribed Alexander Award medal
Writing Contest Details:
- Essays should not exceed 500 words.
- Submissions must be sent to email@example.com by May 29, 2017.
- All entries must include the name of the high school and class year of the entrant.
- The essays will be judged by representatives of The Jewish Week, the Jewish-American Hall of Fame and the Jewish Scholastic Press Association.
- Consideration will be given to originality, creativity and writing style.
- There is a limit of one entry per student.
- Winners will be notified by email.
- Staff, board members and families of The Jewish Week Media Group are not eligible.
For more information contact Fresh Ink Editor Lily Weinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This annual contest is sponsored by Fresh Ink for Teens (FIT), the Jewish-American Hall of Fame and The Jewish Week Media Group. The contest is part of the Jewish American Heritage Month celebration in May.
The winning essay will be published on the websites of the sponsors and made available to Jewish high school newspapers that are members of the Jewish Scholastic Press Association, a supporting group of the Alexander Award.Air Jordan V Low Supreme